Saturday, October 19, 2013

Simple Saturday: Seasonal Salad



Sorry if I got a little crazy with the alliteration in the title of this post.

I love words...what can I say.

I'm really excited about this salad (and you should be, too) because it's full of health, uses seasonally tasty ingredients and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes. It also got the thumbs up at my community group!

Curly kale has become one of my favorite raw greens because it keeps its crunch and texture fabulously even after being dressed and sitting for awhile.


And when combined with crunchy, tart apples, sweet dried cranberries and nutty toasted almonds it says "Welcome, fall, we're so glad you're here."


Here's how you make it:
1. Prepare the kale as you would for this salad. After the kale is massaged and sits in the olive oil for a few minutes, add in sliced apples, chopped, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and sprinkle with some balsamic vinegar (I used some fig balsamic).

2. Taste and adjust seasonings. Then, serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment