Saturday, October 26, 2013

Simple Saturday: Indoor S'mores


Last week whilst celebrating my husband and my 1.5-year wedding anniversary, we came up with a genius plan.

A plan to make Indoor S'mores.

It was rainy, cold and dark by dessert time, so I knew that I had to find a way to get some marshmallows perfectly toasted and crammed in between dark chocolate and graham crackers without a fire pit or outdoor flame.

And I turned to my wonderful little toaster oven (which oddly enough my husband bought me when we were dating after my old one sparked and bit the dust).



After putting one (or two, if we're being totally honest) marshmallow(s) on a single graham square, we watched as they broiled to campfire (without all of the dirt and lack of electricity) perfection.

And when you make these s'mores you can get as creative as you want, no matter the weather. Want to slap some peanut butter on that mallow? Have a fancy salted caramel dark chocolate to use for extra sweetness? The sky with puffy marshmallow clouds is the limit.

Again, full disclosure, after discovering these Indoor S'mores, we continued to eat them for dessert every night of the week. Because when you open a sleeve of graham crackers, you have to finish them before they get stale, right?!

Here's how you make it:
1. Place 1 or 2 marshmallows on a square of graham cracker and put under the broiler for a few minutes until it is toasted to your liking. Then top with your favorite chocolate and another square of graham cracker and smoosh together.


2 comments: