Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Veggie Awareness Month


Happy late World Vegetarian Day (it was Tuesday)!

And Happy Vegetarian Awareness Month!

I'm happy to celebrate this month because as a semi-vegetarian, I have really grown to appreciate vegetables in all of their colors, shapes, sizes and tastes.


Veggies give you energy, they're not as creepy or gross to cook with as meat, they're colorful and fun and you don't have to worry about it if you don't cook them enough or eat them raw!

Hooray for veggies!

Go to your farmer's market or favorite grocery store and celebrate this month by wowing your eaters with some fun and creative vegetable fare. And get some recipe ideas from my recipe page! (Check under "Entrees" and "Veggies & Sides" for some delicious ideas.)

Lately, I have been swept off of my culinary feet by a lovely, versatile green squash: zucchini.

Although I've had it in soup, stir fry and just plain sauteed, I have been romanced by a new way to prepare it that's crispy, a little sweet and a burst of fresh flavor.

I'm talking Zucchini Fritters.

These are a sort of cousin of the Potato Latke and bring together the bright flavors of grated zucchini, onion and carrot binds them with egg, flour and seasonings and crisps them to tender perfection.

These are a perfect side or a great entree if you're making a big batch.

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment