Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Day Off

 
A few weeks ago I got the privilege of having to take a day off of work.

It was my last day to use my last personal day before it disappeared, so I put the day off on the calendar and started planning/fighting the urge to plan a million things to do with my free time.

It was such a nice day to sleep in until 9, wear my pajamas for longer than I should and basically get a jump on life things.


It's amazing how much you can get done with a full 8 hours of time to do what you want to do.

I felt like I was no longer behind on many projects and I was showing life how accomplished I could be.


I also got to pick what I would make myself for lunch and it didn't have to come out of a Pyrex, like my usual leftover lunches do.

I had two cute little butternut squashes from the farmers market (which were only 50 cents a piece), so I decided to roast them with some onion slices, olive oil, maple syrup for sweetness and salt and pepper.


These roasted veggies came out so soft and flavorful and then I cooked up a bit of farro to combine with the veggies and roasting oils.

And why not top it off with a little fresh celery and toasted pecan crunch and finish with creamy goat cheese.

What a rejuvenating, clean but incredibly flavorful lunch salad. And it can go in a Pyrex for the next day at work, too.

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment