Monday, July 1, 2013
Random Acts of Foodness
Here's another round of Random Acts of Foodness (aka good news about food) to start your week out on a positive, tasty note.
1. Help Squash Bees! Buy Organic!
2. A call to support local British agriculture through social media.
3. Like oatmeal and want to win a trip to Scotland? Enter the Spar for the Spurtle contest.
4. This seems like a great idea: Items you buy at Target go to help feeding hungry Americans.
5. Did you know that you can use SNAP (or food stamps) to buy fresh produce and plants at the Fayetteville Farmers Market? Here's a graphic that sheds more light on how many people the SNAP program serves.
Have a wonderful week!