Friday, July 19, 2013

Out and About: Apple Blossom Brewing Company


There's a new brewery in town...and it's within walking distance of our apartment.

Need I say more?

Apple Blossom Brewing Company just opened last Thursday and is already making a big splash!

It's in a part of town where there aren't any restaurants (aka lots of free parking) and is steps from Veterans Park and right on the bike trail.



Even as a non-beer drinker, I have been looking forward to the ABBC opening since they started updating their progress on Facebook. When I heard that they were going to offer food, I was like, I'm in!

And I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food (everything from salads to bahn mi to yellowfin tuna) and that they offer a really nice variety of wines (I loved my Chenin Blanc).


Jason enjoyed a few Scottish Ales, one of four beers that they currently have on tap and that you can see brewing in the glass-lined room beside the restaurant.

I really enjoyed the old pub-like feel of the place paired with the light that came through the mostly-windowed building. It was very relaxed, had great, quick service (especially for their first week) and didn't feel dingy or smoky like some bars.


We started with the Fayette-weisse Alfredo Fries, which were some tasty little loaded fries. Then, I enjoyed the Fresh Vegetable sandwich on homemade soft, fresh bread with grilled squash and zucchini, spinach, red onion, tomato, cucumber and avocado. And Jason loved the his French Dip sandwich.


The sandwiches were paired with kettle chips that weren't anything special, so I would suggest upgrading to the fries.

And then we decided to get dessert and Jason picked the White Chocolate and Tart Cherry Bread Pudding. It was composed of two thick slices of egg/cream-soaked homemade ciabatta that held their shape well and were made even sweeter by being dragged through the accompanying berry and white chocolate sauces.


Dessert was absolutely my favorite part of the meal.

We will definitely be walking back to the brewery soon for the food, atmosphere and brews!

No comments:

Post a Comment