Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cocoa for Coconut Oil


All throughout school, I looked forward to getting my report cards.

I was a very competitive student and always looked forward to seeing what my grades were and how I could get them higher.

Report cards were also exciting because it meant that if I had done my best in all of my classes, I would get a trip to Sonic or Dairy Queen with my dad.

Although I probably switched my choice of treat up from report card to report card, I remember getting a Reese's blizzard about 75% of the time. I have always loved the combination of peanut butter and chocolate and mixed with ice cream, it makes sugary bliss.


But now I'm an adult and sometimes I want to treat myself with something that isn't going to make my stomach curdle from refined sugar overload.

Which leads me to these Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge Cups.


They're sugar free and definitely high fructose corn syrup free. And they use coconut oil, which is a fantastic and healthy oil option. And it makes these little cups taste a bit coconut-ey and exotic.

The rich flavor of the coconut oil and cocoa powder makes them like a refined, adult fudge pb cup and I'm always a fan of natural peanut butter in anything!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, TREAT YO'SELF!


 *Click on recipe card to enlarge and save.

1 comment: