Monday, July 22, 2013

2.5 Days in Nashville


A few weekends ago, we took advantage of the Fourth of July holiday days off and took a trip to visit my husband's Grandmere (French grandmother) in Nashville.

It was my first trip to Music City and I really loved it.

Other than exploring and eating through the city, it was such a treat to spend time with Grandmere and learn more about her and also introduce her to other fun things in town.

We hit up quite a few culinary highlights during the trip, so I'll try to give you a snippet of each:


Jeni's Ice Cream




This is a unique ice cream chain to look up if you're in Nashville or Ohio. They've got some crazy cool flavors and mix-ins and the "scoop shops" have a very chic but homey feel.
I ordered: Cherry Lambic Sorbet and Browned Butter Almond Brittle (both amazing)

Fido



I had read that Fido, in Hillsboro Village, was a fantastic place for breakfast or lunch. We had a rainy day lunch there and it was worth the long line and 45-minute wait.
I ordered: BLT and Tomato and Fennel Soup

Lockeland Table



We chose Lockeland Table for our special Friday night dinner out and we were so pleased. It's a new place with some fantastic Southern flavors and a nice atmosphere, placed in an old house. We got to see on the side porch and look over the quiet neighborhood surrounding us.
I ordered: North Carolina Roasted Chicken with a Pimento Cheese Grit Cake and the best Collared Greens I have ever eaten! We finished the meal with a Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie with Vanilla Gelato. (A real Southern treat.)

Downtown Farmers Market


I found out that this farmers market was open every day of the week and knew I had to go visit. It housed many vendors with a variety of products, fresh foods and even jams and pepper jellies. I was amazed by the variety of products and the large quantities (aka the back of a truck literally filled with corn). Also, there was a fun food court and international market attached to the farmers market.
I bought: Georgia peaches, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam

The Pharmacy



We ate lunch here with some of Jason's relatives and enjoyed the relaxed setting and tasty and creative burgers.
I ordered: Ginger Phosphate (ginger soda), Falafel burger with German Potato Salad. (I would recommend getting the fries instead of potato salad as a side.)

Holland House


We met up with a friend here for drinks and snacks and were so impressed by the classy yet approachable atmosphere. It's actually down the street from the Pharmacy (mentioned above) and a spot with great bartenders, creative drinks and fancy but affordable snacks and desserts.
I ordered: A delicious grapefruit gin drink (that I can't remember the name of) and a deconstructed Banana Split (pictured above)

No comments:

Post a Comment