Monday, August 12, 2013
Random Acts of Foodness
Here's another round of Random Acts of Foodness (aka good news about food) to start your week out on a positive, tasty note.
1. It looks like Apple Seeds, Inc. is doing wonderful things for the youth of NWA. And I love seeing pictures of what they're doing in local schools on their Facebook page.
2. Similarly, Oregon is taking local foods in school seriously.
3. Interested in international foods as well as getting some recipes by renowned chefs? Check out this Share cookbook that supports Women for Women International's work to help women in war-torn countries.
4. Some things you probably didn't know about the people picking your produce.
5. Great advice for those who have thought about starting a community garden.
6. And because I love the Despicable Me movies, here's a very special, food-inspired minion.