Monday, August 19, 2013

Peach Week Part 1


Happy Peach Week!

And just in case you're wondering this isn't a national holiday, just a Fruitful one!

I have been loving peach season and since it's coming to a close, I wanted to give you some of my best peach recipes from this summer for you to use on the last of your fresh or frozen fruits.

I have always loved peaches.



And I have memories from a young age of taking an almost hour family trek to a peach orchard where we would pick up a huge case of orange, red and golden flecked peaches.

Then, when we got them home, mom would set them all out, evenly spaced, on the window seat to ripen to perfect sweetness in the sun.

Although peaches are amazing just eaten fresh, there's a new cake/cobbler creation that I tried recently that absolutely blew me away with its simplicity and flavor.


And it's the peach blueberry buckle.

This buckle is basically like a really moist, almond-hinted cake with fresh fruit folded in.


This is one of those desserts that is just perfect and I could literally eat the entire pan. Because sometimes I want a cake and then sometimes I want a cobbler and this is a perfect mix of the two!


Happy peach week!

*Click on recipe to enlarge and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment