Saturday, May 11, 2013

Simple Saturday: Banana Split


I know, I know.

Yesterday, I gave you The Perfect Cake, an amazing oatmeal chocolate treat, and today I've got banana split on the brain.

Maybe I'll throw in some greens next week to keep things balanced.

This banana split is 10x (or more) better than the one from your local ice cream shop. Trust me!


Making one involves slicing a banana, topping it with other fruit if you wish (strawberries, pineapple, etc.), scooping on some of your favorite vanilla ice cream, and topping it all off with hot fudge and optional chopped peanuts.

And guess where that hot fudge sauce is coming from...not from a glass jar or plastic squeeze container that's been sitting in your fridge for a year and still hasn't reached its expiration date.

Oh no.


You're going to make your own hot fudge sauce with two ingredients: chocolate chips and heavy cream. Just melt the chips in the microwave and stir in a few splashes of cream. (Thanks to my mom for this handy tip.)

It's rich, glossy and delicious, and along with the fruit and cool ice cream it makes the perfect combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment