Monday, April 1, 2013

Easy Cheesy Bread


It's no secret around this blog that I am no bread baker.

I made it my resolution last year to make homemade bread and I sort of did with these biscuits. And I whipped up these easy popovers.

But when it comes to kneading (eek) and using yeast (yikes), I get scared and have problems.

I just don't think I'm patient enough or have the right touch for yeast bread yet. But I'll keep trying and keep you updated.


In the mean time, I found this recipe that's basically bread for dummies (like me)!

It's just flour, butter, cheddar cheese, buttermilk and salt. And it makes two delicious, cheesy loaves of bread!

And it's great because it doesn't have to rise, you don't have to wait on it and it's absolutely okay if the bread ends up a weird shape.

None of this matters in the end when you're digging into a warm, cheesy piece of fresh bread.


(Cook's note: If you make this bread, eat it within one day or freeze it or else it will start supporting crazy mold when left at room temperature. Trust me!)

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save.

No comments:

Post a Comment