Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bread Making Take 2



It's finally fall.

Well, technically.

But I get the feeling that, along with everyone else around me (at least judging from Pinterest), I am ready to celebrate the harvest of fall.

I'm totally there with you, pinning recipes for pumpkin donuts and planning to make 50 different soup recipes.


Even though it's still kind of feeling like summer here, I'm willing the season to bring it on.

I'm saving comfy, cozy recipes to make and I'm diving into comfort food face first.


One of my food resolutions for 2012 was to make homemade bread. For awhile, I've been a little scared to try making bread. This fear was definitely not helped by me trying to make pizza dough a few months ago, realizing mid-recipe that my yeast expired a year ago and smelling up the apartment.


Take 2 on the bread making.


This time, I made Joy the Baker's Caramelized Mushrooms and Dumplings recipe, which is amazing and meatless. This recipe calls for homemade dumplings or buttermilk biscuits for the topping.


Here's another recipe that that crazy, weird buttermilk does wonders with.


I added rosemary and cheese to my biscuits to make them extra yummy.


Fall comfort food, you're welcome at my house any day.

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save

No comments:

Post a Comment