Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So Fresh and So Clean


I don't know about you guys, but I have been lovin' my farmers market lately.

I mean, what's better than fresh veg and fruits to sink your teeth into in the midst of summer. Yum!

Because of the heat and the great produce, I really haven't been cooking as much lately.

I'm just learning to enjoy fresh foods at their best.

Just like us, sometime fruits and veggies don't want to be all dressed up but would rather just be wonderful by themselves. (I think I'm getting deep here.)



I got this Thai basil plant at the farmers market and it makes everything so fragrant and tasty. And it was only like $3! Fingers crossed that I don't kill it anytime soon.


I also bought these zebra striped tomatoes.


One night for dinner I cut up some fresh tomatoes and combined them with chopped garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and basil, then threw some just-cooked spaghetti in the bowl with it. 


Such a fresh and easy summer dinner!

One day I spiced up my lunch by making a BBT: Bacon Basil Tomato on a biscuit.


Yep. I just mixed some basil with mayo and a bit of olive oil then spread it on a biscuit, added some sliced and seasoned tomatoes and a piece of crispy bacon.


So good!

And some days you just want to eat 1/3 of a watermelon for dessert while watching So You Think You Can Dance and letting the juice run down your face.

But it's summer, so that's totally cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment