Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Picnic-Ready Potato Salad



It's been pretty hot around here lately.

I know, it's summer in the south so it's bound to be scorching.

You know it's been really hot when 85 degrees feels cool.


Even with the heat, I love the summer. This summer, I have really enjoyed hanging out with family and friends and eating lots of summer fruits and veggies.

For the 4th of July, Jason and I had a nice vegetable lunch before we headed to his family's house for a patriotic feast of chicken kabobs and yummy sides.


For our little lunch I made a tantalizing recipe that I had seen on the Shutterbean food blog.

Salt and vinegar potato salad that had loads of flavor without any mayonnaise! Crazy, right? Trust me, you won't miss the mayo.



You marinate red onion wedges in cider vinegar until they've got a sweet, savory bite and combine it with creamy Yukon Gold potatoes, oil and a hit of seasoning.


The recipe calls for Old Bay seasoning. Since I didn't have any, I used an Arkansas classic: Cavender's. It's a mix of loads of Greek seasonings and spices up anything!


I love potato salad but have never wanted to go to the trouble of having dozens of ingredients on hand to make it. This recipe is so simple and absolutely hits the spot for a picnic or just a simple lunch at home!


*Click on recipe card to enlarge view and save

No comments:

Post a Comment