Monday, September 16, 2013

AWBU Recap


As I mentioned in my post last Monday, I recently attended Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged 2013 Conference.

It was my first blogger conference, and even though I was nervous going in not knowing anyone, it was a fantastic weekend of learning, laughing and meeting lots of fellow bloggers who are inspiring and amazing!

Here are some of the highlights:


-The Foodie Friday afternoon of speakers was packed with great info from health tips, chef advice and food blogging talk. We got to taste test some delicious quinoa, too! (Thanks for organizing it, Debbie.)


 -I competed in my first Iron Chef competition on the wonderful team #2 and we made two delicious dips!



-We got to meet and learn more about so many local companies that are doing great things.


-I got to hear P. Allen Smith speak and sit a few rows behind him! I loved the way he spoke with such a passion about supporting local farmers, eating local and all that he is doing on his Arkansas farm.


-Yarnell's ice cream/frozen yogurt break!


-I learned more about WordPress and I'm hoping to move over soon, so I'll keep you updated on the transfer.

-BooMama was such an inspiring and fantastic speaker who reminded us that all bloggers are in this together and our blog can serve a greater purpose.

-I got to hear from 7 really fun and accomplished female authors and I got a few of their books, which I can't wait to read!


I learned so many other things that this space is not even big enough to cover. But I'm so thankful to AWB for running the conference (and Ferncliff for hosting us) and giving bloggers a place to "Gather, Grow and Connect."

And look for some AWBU-inspired recipes to come.

1 comment:

  1. Finally got around to writing my blog posts about the conference and checking out some of the other blogs. I put your picture in my post and gave your blog a little mention! So nice to meet you!
    Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

    ReplyDelete