Sunday, November 11, 2012

Risotto for Everyone


When I married my husband, I knew that I was gaining a friend for life, someone who would always make me laugh and someone who would always take care of me.

But I didn't realize that I was also marrying an amazing chef...and a fantastic risotto maker.

I love to order risotto at restaurants.

Who can resist that creamy, cheesy, decadent rice?

But I thought it would be rather hard to make at home. Then, Jason jumped right in and decided to try it out and it has been fantastic every time he's made it.


Even though risotto is quite a fancy meal, it is pretty easy to make at home.

You just need to have a little time on your hands, like 30 minutes or so.

And it will be so worth it.


This recipe is for a sweet potato risotto, but you could substitute the potato for butternut squash. Or even throw in some sausage at the end. Also, even though we used rosemary, you could use another herb or a mix of whatever you like (parsley, basil, etc.).

Become the risotto maker in your family and you'll feel like a celebrity chef in no time!

*Click on the recipe card to enlarge and save

No comments:

Post a Comment