Monday, November 19, 2012

Eating Up OKC


This past weekend Jason and I got the wonderful opportunity to visit my sister and brother-in-law in Oklahoma City.

I just love my family and can't get enough time around them, so I was so excited about the trip.

The weekend was full of amazing food, good laughs and fun adventures in OKC.

Here are the highlights and best tid bits from our weekend.


Well, Saturday began with an amazing brunch egg casserole and special, fancy fruit salad that I helped Hannah make. Did I mention that she and Jared are fellow foodies and amazing cooks?!


Oh, I almost forgot that we got out for an evening beverage and very interesting bite to eat at Ludivine on Friday night.

It was a very fun and hoppin' bar (right beside the restaurant) with creative beverages and snacks. For our snack, we all shared bone marrow. Yes, you read that right. It was pretty tasty but a little gross to look at. I'm glad that I can say I've tried it now.


On Saturday, we had to make a stop at Cuppies and Joe (my favorite cupcake shop, like, ever). At this adorable, indie sweets shop, I always get the Boom Boom Pow: a vanilla cupcake with chocolate buttercream and a gooey salted carmel nest on top!


Here we are enjoying the cupcakes and company.


Late afternoon, we put together an amazing cheese plate thanks to Hannah's great finds at Aldi. We tasted Jarlsberg, sharp cheddar, goat cheese wrapped in cranberries, brie and some tantalizing side bites.


It was perfect weather to sit outside and enjoy all of the yummy things on that platter.

We ate dinner at Republic Gastro Pub, a great place for a burger and shoestring fries...and they have mini donuts for dessert.

The last stop for our culinary weekend was Cheever's Cafe.

This place has the whole brunch thing down pat. All of our meals were so fantastically made and so very creative yet comforting.

I tried the chicken and waffles, a combo that I've been dying to try for awhile.


It was worth the wait and an amazing crunchy, soft, sweet and salty combo.

All in all, we had an amazing trip, ate a lot and loved every minute spent with Hannah and Jared.

No comments:

Post a Comment