Tuesday, August 28, 2012

No Take-Out Needed



Raise your hand if you like Thai food.

Did I just make you raise your hand infront of the computer screen? I hope so.

Because I am a fellow lover of curry.

The intense complexities, dozens of spices and hot yet cooling flavors are tantalizing. And who doesn't like their meal served on a steaming clump of fragrant rice? Yum!

Although I am a lover of eating at Thai restaurants, I don't get to as much I would like.

We have some great Thai restaurants in the area, but they're a little expensive for my weeknight budget. I mean, yeah for a treat, I love to eat curry out and save the leftovers for the next day.

But since I found out how easy it is to make curry at home, I have found many more occasions to enjoy it!


Seriously, all you have to do is cook the chicken, saute onions, pour in some curry powder (I bought mine from the grocery store and it's a yellow curry), wait for abut 30 seconds until you can smell that wonderful waft of flavor then throw the chicken back in, add chicken stock, coconut milk and simmer that baby down.

And you could always substitute the chicken for potatoes, broccoli or carrots if you're going vegetarian.

And in about 30 minutes, you have a beautifully complex curry to pair with some basmati rice and Thai basil.


I was lucky enough to grow up eating basmati rice and formed a love for it a long time ago. In fact, as kids we used to call it popcorn rice because the house smelled like popcorn when it was cooking.

So, there you go, treat yourself to some homemade curry anytime you need a trip to a land of exotic flavors.

What's your favorite curry dish?

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save

No comments:

Post a Comment