Friday, October 14, 2011

Caring is sharing...cookies


One of my favorite cookies has got to be snickerdoodles. They are easy to make, easy to share and oh so yummy.
I would have to say that chocolate chip cookies are my absolute fave!



I worked at a bakery, called Ambrosia Bakery in Hot Springs, Ark. (http://www.ambrosiabakeryco.com/), throughout high school. I have always loved baked goods and the joy that they bring to others. By the way, the absolute best chocolate chip cookie in the world can be found at Ambrosia. How I miss those days of grabbing a fresh out of the oven cookie off the tray and eating it.

A few days ago, I was treated to lunch at Penguin Ed's by a friend. It was a wonderful time to catch up with the friend and enjoy some delicious bbq and to-die-for fried okra (not greasy at all). Here's there website if you want to check it out: http://www.penguineds.com/.

I was so blessed that my friend wanted to take me out to lunch and at the end of the meal, she even bought me a cookie to take with me to work. I felt so special enjoying that treat with my cup of green tea at work, and the cookie was fantastic. Who knew that a bbq place could make such delicious cookies. I would definitely recommend picking one up the next time you go to Penguin Ed's.



Yesterday, I made a few dozen snickerdoodle cookies to take to work for a bake sale. Apparently a part of my company is hosting a sale to raise money for an employee in need. This was a great chance to share one of my skills: baking. Lately, I feel like everytime I bring cookies somewhere or the get the urge to make them I make snickerdoodles. They are so easy to make and really capture the flavor of fall. And people love them!

I love taking my goodies to work to share with coworkers and brightening their day with a little sweet.
Here's the recipe I used for the snickerdoodles: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/snickerdoodles-v/detail.aspx. And I added a little all spice to the cinnamon and sugar mixture to bring on those fall flavors.

I challenge you to think about what you can do this weekend or next week to treat someone!
-Grace



*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save


No comments:

Post a Comment