Saturday, January 19, 2013
Simple Saturday: Sweet Potato Soup
I'm just going to cut to the chase.
Do you like soup?
Do you like healthy things that still feel indulgent?
Do you like meals that stay good for days and are great to take to work?
If you answered yes to all of these (or even if you didn't), then you need to make this sweet potato soup.
Here's what you have to do to make it:
1. Bake a few (3 medium, 5 small) sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour. (Don't forget to wash and poke a few holes in them before baking.)
2. Saute one medium onion and 2 cloves of garlic in a few tablespoons of oil until softened.
3. Add in 2 1/2 cups chicken stock and the baked potatoes, skinned, and bring to a boil.
4. Turn the heat down and mix in a few splashes of heavy cream.
5. Let it simmer for 10 minutes then blend it all together until smooth!
Find all of the nitty gritty details for this recipe here.
Enjoy and Happy Simple Saturday!