Saturday, December 1, 2012

Simple Saturday: Spaghetti Squash


Happy Simple Saturday!

Sorry that it's been awhile since I've been able to do one of these.

I've been a busy little lady, and I'm getting ready to go on a two-week trip to Burma next week!

Today, I am featuring a vegetable that I hadn't tried until this year.

The lovely spaghetti squash.

And it's all thanks to my good friend Annie, who brought me one of these squashes from her garden.


It's a wonderful vegetable when roasted and treated simply, with olive oil, salt and pepper.


For my spaghetti squash, I added a nice homemade red sauce and treated it just like I would a spaghetti noodle. It worked fantastically and tasted so great.

I think this squash would also be great roasted then paired with a nice Parmesan or Romano, without the red sauce.


Even though this recipe is a simple one, I've included a recipe card in case you need it!

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save

No comments:

Post a Comment