Friday, November 18, 2011

Save a bonfire, make S'mores cookies
















As I have previously said, chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite sweet treats. They just make the world feel okay, if only for a few seconds. So, when I kept seeing recipes on food blogs that I follow for S'mores cookies, I was intrigued.

Could graham crackers and marshmallows hinder the humble chocolate chip cookie or make it into something much greater?


As you can probably guess, the S'mores cookies rocked! They were chewy, crunchy, gooey, okay really gooey, so gooey that this first batch fell apart in your hand. But tasters didn't seem to care too much. The graham cracker in the cookie, mini marshmallows toasted on top and extra hershey's chocolate on top pushed these little cookies over the edge to greatness.

I found the recipe I used on my favorite foodblog: FoodGawker (http://foodgawker.com/). This site is a huge compilation of food photography that links you to food blogs.

Check out the recipe and this sweet illustration of the cookies on the Jeb Kennedy blog: http://jebkennedy.blogspot.com/2011/11/november-noms-recipe-special-smores.html.

*Click on recipe card to enlarge and save

No comments:

Post a Comment